- We do not collect more data than absolutely necessary for any given purpose.
- We only use data for the purpose it was collected for.
- We do not disclose your data to third parties.
- We keep track of all processes through which we acquire personal data.
- We ensure that additional controls are in place for financial information.
- If you want to know, we can inform you about what kind of data we store about you at any time.
- Upon your request, we will delete personal information we have collected about you.
- All staff and volunteers at UBIE who have access to your data understand the importance of keeping your information safe and secure at all times and are required to sign a Data Confidentiality Agreement with UBIE.
We make sure that appropriate physical, technical and human controls are in place to ensure we take good care of your information. However, we would like to point out that while we do our best to protect your privacy, UBIE cannot guarantee 100% security of information shared with us over the internet. Some ways of online data exchange – such as unencrypted e-mails – are always at some risk of being intercepted by third parties without your or our knowledge. Therefore whenever you transmit information to us, you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your data, we make every effort to try to ensure its security on our systems.
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them using links from our websites and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit.
To improve the quality of the newsletters we are sending to you and to make them more informative for you, we make use of Mailchimp’s tracking function. This allows us to see when you have opened a particular newsletter and if you clicked on any of the links in the newsletter. Only a very small group within our Communication Team has access to this information and we do not share these insights within UBIE or with third parties (other than perhaps in the form of anonymised, aggregated statistics).
Application for membership
Currently we use the following payment handling services:
You are able to set your devices to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time, although of course please be aware this means that you’ll miss out on some personalised services. You should read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can do this.
Currently, we have set the following cookies in your browser:
|No records found|
Third party tools
At this point, we use tools from the following third-party providers on some pages on our website:
Beyond that, Unconditional Basic Income can be found on further social media platforms, to which we link from different points on our website:
Hosting and log files
While you are visiting our website, our server records the following information:
- your IP-Address
- date and time of your requests
- time zone difference to GMT
- amount of data transmitted
- referring website
- your browser (including language and version)
- your operating system
This information is used in a pseudonymised way to create visitor statistics so we can continuously improve our website. Your IP address is deleted after 7 days, all other information after 3 months. We never connect this information to any other information we might have saved about you.
All our webforms use SSL (“Secure Socket Layer”) technology to ensure the security of the information you transmit to us.
Contact for data handling requests
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, and meet any legal or regulatory requirement. This is so that we can provide the services or information you have requested, to administer your relationship with us, to ensure we don’t communicate with you if you’ve asked us not to and to comply with the law.
You have, under certain legal conditions, the right to request:
- information on what data we store about you
- changes of the data we store about you
- access to your data being limited
- deleting of personal information we store about you.,
If you want to request any of the above, please send an email to email@example.com.
For any other requests connected to our data protection processes, please contact Leire Ríncon (UBIE Chair) via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unconditional Basic Income Europe is registered in Belgium as an international non-profit association (aisbl). Our registry number is 0633895889.
This version was updated on 24 May 2018.